Well I missed this blog’s anniversary a couple of weeks ago – but not our sixth wedding anniversary today. So I’m leaving a few brief notes for the day:
* Hurricane Dennis is approaching some of our family members in Gulf Shores, AL. You can link to my photoblog to see pictures I took in February of damage from Hurricane Ivan (under the “Gulf Shores” label). The area is not recovered from Ivan (category 3) and is gonna get hammered by the even more powerful Dennis today.
* Speaking of hurricanes, you know that a storm like this is like Christmas for the Weather Channel. Talk about ratings.
* An extreme skateboarder jumped the Great Wall of China in what must have been an incredible sight. An interesting sidenote from the report is that China evidently has “ministers of extreme sports and culture.” Just seems odd.
* Nikki Tatom has been calling for greater modesty on her blog and an interesting discussion emerged in the comments. The issue is not just legalistic rules, but a call to reclaim personal dignity in a culture that bombards young women with the message that they’re worth is limited to their physical appearance and sexuality. All people are created in God’s image, and the Christian message to women is that they are way more than eye candy.
* Willie Nelson has a reggae album coming out???
* I never knew that our anniversary is also John Calvin’s birthday. Don’t know what that means, just found it interesting.
That’s all for now… gonna spend the day with my wife enjoying our anniversary.