A few odds and ends for your weekend leisure:
* A truly sad story about Alonzo Horton, a freshman football player at Auburn who lost much of his family in New Orleans. But its a nice story about how the Auburn team and community has rallied around him.
In lighter news…
* The Georgia-South Carolina game is an intra-marriage rivalry. Well sort of – Keri is not really that into it, truth be told, but her dad is a big USC guy. Barring a monumental upset, should be my year.
* Speaking of Keri, her last day of work was yesterday, so now she joins the ranks of full-time moms. We celebrated with dinner at the newly opened Cheesecake Factory. Yummy. She’s definitely hoping the baby comes early.
* There is no reason in the world for the Braves to have Dan Kolb on their postseason roster. Jorge Sosa, on the other hand, should definitely be in the starting rotation as the #3 starter.
* And while I’m thinking about it: Andruw Jones = MVP. There shouldn’t even be a debate.
* Hurricane Ophelia could strike the SC coast… but its nowhere near the storm that Katrina was. Nevertheless, it is a hurricane.